NeuroSystemics is an integrative methodology building resiliency and empowerment internally and in relationships. The Dharma program focuses specifically on building a compassionate community and grounding one’s attention and awareness in highly regulated nervous system states to experience ease, calm and joy. These conditions offer deep possibilities of insight and wisdom to then arise.
Our nervous system is infinitely complex and powerful, and our brains are plastic. The way we meditate influences these biological structures and functions. In this “Neuro-Dharma” retreat will explore the key conditions which lead to healthy and optimal neural development.
- “Insight”: Understanding and deep connexion with one’s internal experience, and
- “Midsight”: Experiencing a supportive and enjoyable felt sense of being in spaces with others and nature
- “Outsight”*: Experiencing the external as internal, bringing healing and wholeness
We will be meditating to grow in these areas with somatic practices, social practices and other practices to explore and deepen how we connect to our world. In this this retreat you will:
- Somatic meditation and be supported to reduce negative states and increase positive states
- Social meditation and enjoy the safety & support of being with others
- Explore the links between community-building & Buddhist spirituality
- Practice a range of nervous system regulation tools
- Offer you a personal session to deepen embodiment by a trained somatic facilitator (limited spaces, see below)
- Deepen our relationship with the sacred & psycho-spiritual dimensions of our lives
- Be supported by the wider holding of a team of compassionate facilitators
- Find ways to integrate the practices in daily life
*Term coined by M. Kuhel
The retreat starts on Friday October 21st at 6pm CEST for a welcoming and presentation of the coordination elements of the retreat, until Sunday October 23rd at 5pm CEST. The full schedule will be sent to you upon registration, and it will include:
- Guided sitting/movement/walking meditations
- Dharma talks & presentations
- Q&A sessions
- Small group practices*
- Small group practice discussion groups*
- 1:1 nervous system regulation sessions with Somas*
*see below for description.
While continuity of attendance and commtiment to the retreat will help you go deeper, you do not have to come to every session – we understand that you may have issues with some of the sessions, including timezone differences or other commitments you must maintain. It is fine to join for whichever sessions you can come to!
Creating a safe and supportive space for practice
We encourage you to think about the space you will use for this retreat. You may want to plan and reflect upon what would help you most to have an enjoyable experience for yourself during this 5-day retreat. Here are some relevant questions:
- Have I prepared an enjoyable and comfortable space in which to practice?
- Have I freed my schedule from non-essential activities?
- Have I communicated to my family/friends that I will be going on this retreat (and maybe even asked them for ways in which they can help me benefit from it even more)?
Small group practices & practice discussions
One of the aspects of this retreat is to explore how we can support one another in meditation, which we can social meditation. You will be invited to join small group practices with a Soma (Somatic facilitator) and experience silent and communication practices to deepen your relationship with yourself and others.
You will also be able to join small group practice discussions with Boaz to share how your practice is going and get support in deepening your experience and possibilities.
Private somatic regulation sessions
One of the unique features and contributions of NeuroSystemics to meditation and dharma practice, is to combine nervous system science with Buddhist practices. As part of this retreat you will have the opportunity to receive a 20-30 minute session with a trained professional supporting you to
- better regulate your nervous system
- strengthen your capacity to be in the here-and-now
- ground your awareness further in your experience and your body with ease, gentleness & pleasure
Admin fee of €20 (this admin fee does not include teachings, which are freely offered on donation).