The purpose of Empowerment Forums is to explore and experience together a relational theme. A few examples include:
- Freedom from difficult emotions
- Shame & pride
- Embodying & communicating anger skilfully
- The role of gender in groups
This EF: “Making requests, not demands”
In this EF we will explore how to care for one’s needs and sensitivities in relationship, developing our capacity to make requests to others in a way that signals to them what we need in order to feel safe and well in relationship in an empowering way, offering them choice and space. For example, when I share a difficulty with others and feel vulnerable at that moment, I may need to
- hear from others how that makes them feel: “How are you impacted by what I just shared?”
- clarify that I’m not seeking advice but just a heartful ear to hear my deeply: “I’m not asking for any advice or reassurance from anyone here, but would just like to be held and given time to process because I’m feeling intense right now”
We’ll take time to explore together how we can each embody
- a growing clarity in identifying our own needs from others
- this relational skill of making requests, so that we can support others listening what is most helpful for us.
Come and join us for some embodiment, relational explorations and fun!
In NeuroSystemics, we support growing resiliency, capacity and regulatory skills on 4 levels:
- SENSE: Embodying our senses, feelings and thoughts
- SELF: Exploring our personality and psychological tendencies
- SOCIAL: Experiencing belonging, being vulnerable and feeling safe enough with others to be more ourselves
- SOCIETAL: Embedding our sense-self-social experiences in a wider understanding of our cultures
This multi-level framework offers an entire eco-system of ressources for a grounded, loving and fulfilled life. Resiliency Circles focus mostly on the SOCIAL layer, and include both the SENSE & SELF layers also. This EF is an opportunity to gather together with other ongoing Resiliency Circles from other NeuroSystemics mentors in our global community, and enrich our collective resiliency to change our SOCIETAL processes!
The structure of this 2.5h-session includes:
- Short orientation & embodiment practices
- Collective experiential inquiry
- Small break-out group explorations
This event is by invitation only, open to each and everyone, of all nationalities, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and religious affiliation. If you have a small group of people that you regularly practice with and woudl like to join our Forums, please contact Boaz email@example.com.
Together we go further!