After this workshop you will be able to put into practice
- 3 Key considerations to guide clients before they come into the group
- Nervous system models that include both individual functioning and group functioning (from systems’ thinking)
- 3 key interventions to support safe embodiment and group coherence
The workshop will include:
- Academic and evidence-based presentations of scientific frameworks for nervous system functioning and group processes
- Short experiential practices
- Group demo analysis
- Beckes, L., & Coan, J. A. (2011). Social baseline theory: The role of social proximity in emotion and economy of action. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 5(12), 976-988.
- Wilson, D. S., & Coan, J. A. (2021). Groups as organisms: Implications for therapy and training. Clinical Psychology Review, 101987.
- Yalom, I. D., & Leszcz, M. (2020). The theory and practice of group psychotherapy. Hachette UK.
- Fredrickson, B. L. (2004). The broaden–and–build theory of positive emotions. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B: Biological Sciences, 359(1449), 1367-1377.
- Bernard, H., Burlingame, G., Flores, P., Greene, L., Joyce, A., Kobos, J. C., … & Feirman, D. (2008). Clinical practice guidelines for group psychotherapy. International Journal of Group Psychotherapy, 58(4), 455-542.
- Wilson, D. S., & Wilson, E. O. (2007). Rethinking the theoretical foundation of sociobiology. The Quarterly review of biology, 82(4), 327-348.
- Kubitza, R. (2016). Structural complexity and social cohesion in gregarious animals: from conflict to cooperation.
- Wilson, D. S., & Hessen, D. O. (2018). Cooperation, competition and multi-level selection: A new paradigm for understanding the Nordic model. Sustainable Modernity, 18-35.
Please check the USABP website for more information.
Go Further: March 2022 Join Online 3-year CARE Training
The online CARE training (Compassion, Awareness, Resiliency & Empowerment) is a transformative 3-year journey to learn and practice social and emotional regulation skills for your personal deveopment and therapeutic practice, in the midst of a nourishing community.
This is a unique opportunity to learn how to embody skills to create safe spaces for 1:1 sessions, small groups and communities at large.
All participants registered in the CARE training will receive, free of charge, access to this NeuroSystemics Clinical Series “Keys for resiliency, empowerment and awakening”!